Monday, December 5

What I Wore - Bright Colors for a Dull Rainy Day


The last few days have been rainy, dull, and dreary. When getting ready to go to the Met, I decided I needed some color.. ok, lots of color! It's kind of funny because I'm a bit Jekyll and Hyde about my sense of style and motifs I'm drawn to. I LOVE bright pastel, rainbow colors, but also can't get enough of black, skull covered halloween inspired palettes. Rather than thinking of these two diverse interests as an indentity crisis, I like to think I'm well balanced - enjoying both sides of the spectrum.


So usually do a run down of where I got everything but this outfit was put together of old and new pieces that I got from random shopping events. The sweater dress is the newest piece and I got that in the states over the weekend at a mall (I can't remember the name of the store), but it was on clearance at the very back of the store! I couldn't believe it when I found it! The belt is from ebay. And the leg warmers are from McCulloch's in London, ON. The shoes I've had for well over 8 years - they too were a clearance mall find but in Canada. Actually, come to think of it, the jacket (you can see a bit of it in the second picture. I'll try to get a better picture of it from my pal Sarah) was on clearance about 5 years ago too! haha. This outfit was one of the cheapest outfits EVER and yet it got a lot of attention! Almost too much attention... I'm used to standing out in a crowd due to my hair but so not used to people actually coming up to me to stare at the knitted work that went into something I'm wearing. It would have been very flattering if I had made the sweater dress lol.

UPDATE: Here's a picture i mentioned above





Share

No comments:

Post a Comment