Monday, December 28

Batty's Face: Past and Present

I have a confession. I've always had problem skin. I know a lot of other people can relate. When I was a teenager my breakouts were so bad that I saw a dermatologist that had me on half a dozen different creams and two prescriptions to try to tame my break outs. Thankfully, in my twenties, my breakouts aren't anywhere near that bad anymore but my skin is still very picky about how I treat it. For the longest time I've been washing it with commercial facial cleansers, exfoliating EVERYDAY with a commercial body scrub because of the amount of flaking from my scars and dry skin on my face, and then topping it off with a commercial moisturizer. This was my method to keep my breakouts under control.. but if I missed one day of exfoliating, putting foundation on was out of the question. There was no way for it to go on nice and smooth with all that dry skin... and of course, that's when I need the make up the most because of another breakout due to dry skin.

Since starting my soap making adventure I've been determined to find something that will treat my face right and keep any break outs at bay. I'm happy to say I've found the answer for my poor, fussy face! I've created a facial soap with loads of shea butter and soy butter. The combo cleans my skin without stripping it of its natural oils. This is extremely important because when my skin is dried out, it breaks out more. Also, the more dried out it is, the more my scars flake - YUCK! I've been using the my handmade facial soap for the past 3 weeks and I'm super excited about the results! I haven't had to exfoliate ONCE! My scars aren't flaking, my skin isn't dried out, my previous breakouts have cleared up and I haven't had a new breakout since! I couldn't be happier! For a moisturizer I'm still using a teeny tiny bit of my handmade body butter. Since my body butter is SO moisturizing I only need the smallest amount for my face.

If only I had got into making handmade bath and body products in my teens I might have saved my face from some of the acne scars that are there now. Oh well, what's done is done and my face and only look forward to good days to come.

I know other people will find clear, soft, smooth, skin days when I officially open Batty's Bath. I wanted to let you all know that my projected grand opening date has been moved up again! Isn't that exciting? I'm so excited for the grand opening and to offer the products that are helping me so much to others! I don't want to make any of you wait any longer than you have to for the opening. We all need to be pampered and the sooner the better! I can't give you an exact date yet, but stay tuned.


FYI: The picture above is a picture from Christmas day. I did my make up in a "winter wonderland" theme. :)
Share

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I have very sensitive, acne prone skin as well. I hope you have every success with your new lines :)

    ReplyDelete